I was searching for a photo to add to my 'thank you' post today and when I saw this one it made me smile. When I think of cherries, two ideas immediately come to mind. First, I think of their tart, yummy sweetness but second, I think of their pits. Infertility is the pits. See the connection? Okay, so the connection might only be in my head and is full of cheesy goodness... but here it is: I liked how these sweet cherries were hugging, holding on to each other, leaning together. We all have our pits, matter of fact we are are united here because our pits, and I'm so thankful we've found a place to hold each other up as we journey through these tough parts of our lives.
February was awesome and at first, I was sad to see it coming to end. I started this book club knowing nothing about them. In fact, here is a confession... I've never actually been IN a book club. Ever. So thank you for hanging with me while I figure this whole thing out! Now, as we gear up for March and I see plans (very quickly) being added to the calendar and lovely sisters like Pamela stepping up and joining us... I am SO excited. I can't wait to meet more of you and hopefully add a little sunshine and maybe open up more friendships in our lives. You've certainly done that to mine.
I'd like to say a special thank you to a few lovely Ladies in Waiting: Nancy, April, Sarah, and Dani. We were so blessed to hear their perspectives through their beautiful writing. Nancy was responsible for most of the recipes and many discussions; April posted much of our news on Facebook and Goodreads and also wrote discussion questions and a craft project; Sarah helped us understand 1960s economics and shared the passages she loved the most from The Help; and Dani talked to us about how place shapes us. Of course, there would be no conversation if it weren't for all of my other beautiful ladies out there. So, thank you, thank you, thank you... all of you.
And a few announcements:
- Monday is an official LiWBC holiday. :o) We won't be posting anything on Monday as we prepare for the rest of the month. Check back on March 1st to:
- Get your Discussion Guide: A list of questions we'll be discussing throughout the month. This would be great to print and keep in your book or journal.
- Add yourself to the Roll Call: This is new this month. :o) We'll be posting a Roll Call with a few questions, so you can add yourself to the list and tell us a little about yourself. This will help us get to know each other a little better before we begin our March discussions.
- There will be a contest this month. A silly one. That's all I'm sayin'. For now.
- We will have TWO special guests this month - Pamela Tsigdinos, author of Silent Sorority and another that I am keeping a secret. Can't spoil ALL the surprises!
I'm off to eat the chocolate chip cookies the hubby and I just baked. :o) Have a lovely weekend and a marvelous Monday! Meet us back here on March 1st.