Hello and welcome to National Infertility Awareness Week at the LiWBC! We are so excited that for this week and its efforts to break the silence of infertility. Here at the Ladies in Waiting Book Club, we will be doing our part DAILY to shatter myths and bring awareness to this cause.
To start off the week, I'd like to introduce you to Keiko Zoll, of Hannah Wept, Sarah Laughed, an infertility advocate whose short film won RESOLVE's 2010 Night of Hope Award. The film sums up the feelings and thoughts of many men and women who are struggling with infertility. Enjoy... and get your tissues.
Here are ways you can support RESOLVE and the 1 in 8 couples diagnosed with infertility during NIAW:
- Visit RESOLVE's (The National Infertility Association) website to read more.
- Attend a National Infertility Awareness Week event.
- Join RESOLVE on Capitol Hill for Advocacy Day - Thursday, May 5th.
- Add a Twibbon to your profile picture on Twitter or Facebook to show your support.
The Ladies in Waiting Book Club is supporting NIAW this week through many activities:
- Members of our book club and non-members alike have registered for the "Bust an Infertility Myth" Challenge. Through this challenge, we received multiple articles, entries, and personal essays on common myths surrounding infertility. Myths will be posted daily throughout the week covering various topics including: faith, stress, male perspectives, adoption, treatment options, financial issues - to make a few. Please check back daily and support our volunteer writers and the LiWBC through your comments and sharing.
- Show your support financially by sponsoring the Ladies in Waiting team at the Walk of Hope Atlanta! The Walk of Hope is a walk to raise awareness and help break the silence of the disease of infertility. Funds raised from the Walk of Hope support RESOLVE programming which includes support groups and educational events, national public awareness initiatives, and legislative initiatives all in an effort to ensure people with infertility are no longer ignored and that all family building options are available to those who need them.
Thank you for joining us for National Infertility Awareness Week! Your comments and support are appreciated. Please share these messages with your family and friends.
The Ladies in Waiting Book Club, Editor