One of the greatest element of being a part of the infertility community is the way we help and support each other. The friendships and relationships I have developed as a part of my journey are precious and have helped me through the easy times and the difficult times. The LiWBC was borne out the need for women in this community to have a safe place to socialize, offer encouragement, and have fun together.
At the LiWBC, we’d like to try a little project with you. We’ll call it the “Secret Sister” Project and has been developed to bring you some one on one support.
When you sign up to be a "Secret Sister", you become a contact and support for someone for the month of September. You will be asked to send messages of comfort and encouragement to your new sister and will receive the same serendipitous support from someone else. It’s free to participate and a fun way to spend the month. Please check below for details to see if this is a project you’d like to join.
Here’s how it works:
- To participate in the Secret Sister Project, simply fill out the form below. We’ll accept sign ups through the end of Saturday, September 3rd.
- By September 5th, you will receive an email with information about your new “Secret Sister”: her name, email, mailing address, and some additional information about her journey.
- Your commitment is to contact your Sister at least THREE times during the month of September to simply offer encouragement or positive thought. You will also receive three messages from a Sister assigned to you!
- We ask that at least one of the contacts through postal mail, where you send some small physical token to your Sister. This could be something like a handwritten note, a meaningful quote, a card that you've made, a piece of handmade art, a store bought token, or any other small project that is easy to carry out. The idea is simply to give your sister something physical in her hand for encouragement.
- For your other two messages, you can feel free to email or use postal mail if that is your preference. When you contact your Sister, you might send a quick note of encouragement, a quote, links to a webpage or video that you enjoy or anything else you feel is appropriate.
Remember all three contacts must be made during the month of September. Please only sign up if you are willing and able to keep this commitment to your Secret Sister!
There's no cost, other than your postage to mail a letter or gift to your assigned Sister. So it's completely free to participate, and is simply a fun way to start the month with positive, reassuring energy.
If you have any questions, please contact feel free to leave them here on our blog. They will be answered quickly. More details will also be posted throughout the week.
The sign up period is now closed as of 9/5. We hope you'll join us next time!