This year the theme is "Don't Ignore Infertility" and as a creative way to explore this theme, the Ladies in Waiting Book Club is sponsoring a photography project. What better way to approach the public about the signs, pain and people of infertility than to share photos and words about ourselves, our loved ones, and the world we live in?
Would you like to participate? Here's how:
"The Way We See It" Photography Project
The purpose of this project is to educate the public and our community about the ignorance and silence of infertility through photography and other creative means.
There are three categories of photos and work that we are looking for:
- Show Us Your Sign: A few months back, I read an amazing blog post called "We Must See Past What It Seems" on the Brave Girls Club blog. The post was about how each of us walk around each day with our personal struggles and mountains to climb, and about how we should treat each other tenderly since we don't know what each of us are going through. If you could wear a sign so that people would be more gentle with you, what would it say? Write a sign to tell the world how you are. Wear it around your neck or display it alone and take a photo.
|Photo Credit: Brave Girls Club|
|Photo Credit: Socially Inappropriate Mom|
- Show Us Your World: What is it like to live everyday in your world? At the grocery store, church, family gatherings, vacations, and everywhere else, we are bombarded with signs and images that effect us on our journey. Take a photo of something that speaks to you (to your pain OR joy).
|Photo Credit: Flickr|
- Show Us You: This category is for the super creative out there who would like to share their story in a unique way. Write a poem, take a different kind of photo, tell us your story, draw a picture, do whatever you like. Send it to us so we can show the world that they can't ignore infertility.
|Photo Credit: |
The Seeds Were Sown by Monica Wiesblott
Who Can Submit:
- Anyone who is affected by infertility - patients, partners, husbands, wives, children, parents, etc.
How It Works:
- Let us know you are participating by registering on the form below. Additional information will be sent to you using the email you provide.
- Submit your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org from now until Wednesday, April 25th. Any work received after this date will still be posted, but not during NIAW.
- Examples and articles will be posted all throughout the week of April 15-21 to help you get inspired.
- Projects will be posted during NIAW, April 22-28th and will be part of RESOLVE's Bloggers Unite Blog Challenge.